Tuesday 14 February 2012

More supportive than a sports bra

There are lots of people who have got me to where I am, this close to the start line. Some of them don’t want to be named on the

internet, which, given the search terms by which my site is found, that is probably a wise choice. Some people don’t even know they have supported me, so this post is for you too.

Thanks to the patience of those who have to live, eat, sleep and see me nearly every day. It’s very boring listening to someone talking about running, and probably quite hard to handle when you know I'm so proud of the thing that is making me boring!


Thanks to all the running tweeps (really did I just use that word) who gave me practical advice, encouragement or just headed out the door the same time. Thanks to those who don’t even realise they are an inspiration through their 140 characters of daily life insight.

Thanks to my non running friends for understanding why I can’t easily go out, see them, plan on weekends or eat anything interesting on certain nights. Thanks for putting up with this and not making me feel bad. Thanks especially to everyone who has texted, emailed, facebooked a message of support for the big runs, and thanks to those who might not realise it, but remembered and supported every single run.

I could not have done this without you.

So it seems fitting that my post on Ystävänpäivä is for you.



1 comment:

  1. Rowena, stop making me cry! Your blogs are so heartfelt and true, where would we be without our real and virtual kith and kin.

    Thinking of you and seining loads o twitter hugs. :-)x

    ReplyDelete