Tuesday 19 February 2013

My triathlon goals


I'm a big believer in goal setting, and goals that are a bit more descriptive than just a time goal or simply "just finish". This is also important, I think, because stuff happens. What if you get amoebic dysentry and can't race the way you want. My goals celebrate the journey of getting to a race and how I intend to race and finish it. 

  • To take the start line knowing I have done all the training I could have done - the best I could have done - with the focus I could have given it. 
  • To take the start line knowing that it is the culmination of the hard work I have done: that I should be proud of, that I have been in control of, that I am confident because of. 
  • To race using all I have learned about strategy, nutrition and triathlon so I feel that I have "raced smart". 
  • To finish the race, and make every cut off, to finish injury free if possible (blow out punctures excepted!), and to finish with a big smile on my face
  • To cross the finish line putting all my insecurities and doubt behind me, to know that I can overcome adversity and challenges, that I can cope with change and uncertainty and I am stronger from my efforts and bravery. 
  • To be a half iron chica. 

No comments:

Post a Comment