Thursday 28 March 2013

Fundraising goes global

On the 23rd March my marvellous mother hosted a fundraiser for Freedom from Torture. She lives in Perth, Western Australia - about as far away from Manchester as you can get. Perth is a pretty hard core tough mining town and quite right-wing, so for my mum to raise $600AUD for Freedom from Torture was no small feat. I am so proud of her. I couldn't be there but thanks to skype and social media, I had video and photos and joined them for a live skype link up while I was in the snow.

The fundraiser came together because my proud mum (bless her) is always talking about me! She sells a lot of stuff at flea markets and uses the money to support the expensive sport of triathlon. While talking about it one market day she bumped into a man with a band who happened to be from... Manchester. He offered to play at her bbq and a sausage sizzle was borne! I am truly touched by everyone's generosity.

To get involved yourself, visit www.justgiving.com/halfirongirl - and if you would love to host your own global fundraiser please get in touch for ideas and help!

Mum's garden - it's pretty impressive!
 Look at the barbie! Look at the sausages! And look at that blue sky!
 Nett and the Repeaters -originally from Manchester!
 Hope the FFT team can spot themselves on the other side of the world!

 Mum's boyfriend Jon in a Team Rowena shirt ;)
 Who doesn't love a raffle?!
 That's mum in the Team Rowena shirt!
 I wonder if my fave Aussie bikkies are inside?!
 Mum in her Team Rowena shirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment